from April 1 to April 30, 2015.
The Family Support Loan Fund provides access to short-term low interest rate loans in order to obtain family support services, which help to maintain a dependent family member with a developmental disability in the home. To qualify for this loan program, families must have their family member entered into the Community Contract Management System (CCMS) as either waiting for, or enrolled in a Family Support Services Program (FSSP) before a loan can be considered. Parents and, or guardians cannot apply for a loan in their child’s name. Minors are not eligible to apply for a loan.
- The outstanding loan amount for any family may be up to a maximum of $8,000.00.
- Loans can be for a maximum period of 60 months (five years).
- Loan interest rates are 0.97% (as determined by the Colorado State Treasurer) for Fiscal Year 2014/2015.
- Repayment of the loan is the full responsibility of the applicant.
- Families that support a family member with a developmental disability in their home are eligible to apply for a Family Support Loan.
- Families enrolled in the Family Support Services Program are also eligible for the Loan Fund, but loans cannot be repaid using funds from the Family Support Services Program.
- Adaptations to Home
- Construction Materials and Labor
- Specialized Transportation
- Adaptations to Transportation
- Special Equipment/Clothing
- Medical/Dental Costs