Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Olympics, My Jobs, And A Joke

This post was submitted by John, who is a resident of the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome in Boulder, Colorado.

Hi,

Today is Wednesday, August 8th, 2012. I am sitting in the living room of the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome in Boulder. This is where I live. My housemate Rebecca and I are watching the Olympics on our big screen TV, cheering for all the athletes from the USA. Right now I am relaxing, but I have been busy most of the time lately and I’ll tell you some of the things I’ve been doing.

On Mondays, I work at In Clover, putting pet supplements into bags. On Tuesday and Wednesday mornings, I work at the Hungry Toad, and on Wednesday afternoons I work at Timberline. At both the Hungry Toad and Timberline I am doing janitorial work. I vacuum, wipe tables and counters, and I also like to sweep and mop. Last Thursday I volunteered at Food Share, and tomorrow I will be going swimming and bowling. I like to get up before 7:00 in the morning, it gets me going.

Watching the Olympics reminds me of some of the events I did when I was in the Special Olympics. I did track and field (the 50 and 100 meter runs), the standing long jump, basketball, and volleyball. I haven’t done the Special Olympics in a while, but I assume I want to do so in the future.

I played softball yesterday at Mapleton Field, and a long time ago I used to play soccer. I also like to play basketball.

Before I go, I have a joke for you. “How do you stop a charging elephant?” “You take away its credit card.”

No comments:

Post a Comment