Thursday, October 17, 2013

Government Shutdown Ends, Back To Work For David

This blog post came to us this morning in a phone call from David. He had been laid off the past two weeks from his job at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Boulder due to the government shut down. David has worked at NIST for 37 years! 

"Did you hear the great news? I got a phone call from work this morning telling me I can go back to work next Tuesday. I'm really happy to be going back to work, but it should not have taken so long for them to settle this and I'm not happy about that." 

Just last week, during an interview with David as he worked on his story for Imagine!'s "50 Years 50 Stories" that have been posted weekly in Imagine! CEO Mark Emery's blog throughout 2013 in honor of Imagine!'s 50th anniversary, David made a somewhat profound but right on the money, sensible statement about the government shutdown and the impact it had on his life.

I don’t want unemployment, I want to work.  I don’t have time to just sit around.”  

Well David, we're glad you and thousands of others get to return to work next week, and we're proud of you for your tremendous work ethic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment