Friday, December 13, 2013

Robert Talks About His Dad

This blog post came to us today during an interview with Robert, at his request, at Imagine1's Foothills Group Home where Robert is a resident.

When I was a kid, my dad used to play Santa Claus. He came to the Senior Center with the big bag over his shoulder and he got out the bugle to play "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." He couldn't play it worth a darn but he tried to play it the best he could. Then he threw out candy to everyone. He had the whole Santa suit, with black riding boots he had for dirt bike riding. He would even color his beard white at Christmas time to look like Santa.

No one was supposed to know who he really was, but I knew it was him when I sat on his knee and he called me by name. I went along with it though.  

My dad wouldn't believe me now with this beard I have.  He was a good guy!

Robert with his girl friend Aneta.

No comments:

Post a Comment