Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Bob Plays His First Softball Game

This blog post came to us today in an email from Stephanie Tilley, who is Imagine!’s Assistive Technology Lab facilitator. She had asked Bob if he'd like to write a blog post about playing his first softball game, which was on Saturday, April 26th at Martin Park in Boulder. 

The game included residents of the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome in Boulder playing against the Charles Family SmartHome in Longmont, and they invited Bob to play too.

Hi Gary, 

It’s me Bob. I just wanted to tell you about the SmartHome softball game I played in. It was my first time being able to play softball and I really enjoyed it. I didn’t even recognize you in the crowd. You surprised me a lot. They gave me a purple shirt and I joined the Longmont team. I got a home run and everyone cheered for me. I was real surprised about that. So I guess that’s probably about it. If you have any questions about that just give me a call. 

Thanks, 
Bob 


Bob, on the right, gives Rebecca room to come into 2nd base.

In this group photo taken after the game, Bob is on the far right in the purple shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment