Friday, May 2, 2014

Working On Easter Had Meaning

This blog post came to us in an email. It was written by Donna Jo Warner who works at Foothills Group Home in Boulder. Donna wrote the following, describing the wonderful time she had working Easter Sunday and taking three residents to an Easter Sunday service at

Mt. Zion Lutheran Church in Boulder.


I had to work today but the best time was getting three of the residents dressed for church because it is a special day I told them. A dress and hose make one woman smile so bright she touched my heart because I knew she felt pretty. The two others in suit and tie told me they didn't know how to tie a tie. I told them that we could do it. Afterwards they kept asking me if they looked OK. Handsome I told them as they got out of the van into their wheelchairs to go inside. And to the bright-bright smiles when I picked them up after church. That made my day because they felt special.

No comments:

Post a Comment