Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Jessica's Birthday Trip To New York

This blog post was tape recorded during an interview requested by Jessica.

On July 26th, my dad and I left for New York City to celebrate my birthday. The trip didn’t start off so good, our flight was delayed for six hours, and we didn’t arrive in New York until after midnight. We had to stop in Elmira, New York for a couple hours due to bad weather, went to Syracuse to refuel, and then landed in La Guardia airport. Unfortunately because we were so late our rental car was gone, but we finally got one after waiting for two hours.

Finally, we were on our way to New Jersey to find my second cousin’s house, and we arrived there at 4:00 AM. We visited for a while and at 5:30 AM we went out for breakfast. I got about an hour’s sleep, and then we went to visit another cousin. We all went for a walk on the beach, it was humid but we enjoyed seeing the waves from the boardwalk. We had lunch on the beach, then went to visit another cousin. I visited a lot of relatives that day, and we out to a Chinese restaurant around 11:30 PM, and at midnight it was my birthday so I got some presents and cake.

On the way home, we drove by the stadiums where the Jets, Giants, and Mets play. I said hi to all the stadiums, and I said hi to the Statue of Liberty too, hearing “Happy birthday” in my own way of hearing that other people don’t typically hear.

I got a decent night’s sleep that night, and on my birthday, the 28th, my dad and I went to Yankee Stadium to watch the Yankees play the Red Sox. We got there early enough to watch batting practice, but then it began raining and the 4:05 game time was moved back to 7:00. The Yankees started off ahead after hitting some home runs, but the Red Sox won the game. I didn’t want the Red Sox, who I cannot stand, to win that game. But the good thing is I was on the Jumbotron, holding my sign. The game ended around 11:00 PM.

We got a little sleep, and our flight back to Denver left at 5:30 am. I was exhausted but am glad I got to go to New York City for my birthday.

This is the sign Jessica took to Yankee Stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment