Wednesday, July 10, 2013

John Recalls Sleeping At The Air Force Academy

This blog post came to us as a conversation with John during a visit to the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome last week.

I don’t have a softball game this week, there’s a girl’s fast pitch tournament at the field. My sisters Melanie and Melissa used to play in the girl’s fast pitch tournament at Mapleton Field. I went and watched them. This was way back in the 1980s and 1990s.

I ran track and field in the Special Olympics back then.  I did the 50 and 100 meter dash and a relay where you hand off the baton. One year we went to the Air Force Academy and we got to sleep in the dorms overnight. The cadets were really nice. It has a big cafeteria.

John waves a flag in the dining room at the
Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome as he
prepares for the 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment