Monday, October 7, 2013

Jessica Discusses The 9/11 Terrorist Attacks

This blog post came to us in a phone call from Jessica on September 11th, the anniversary of the terrorist attacks on our country. This blog post got postponed during the Colorado flood, but we still want to share Jessica’s thoughts with you about September 11th, 2001.

“Hi. I called to talk to you about today being the anniversary of the 9/11. I think it’s a tragedy it happened. I have a lot of family and friends back there in New York City, and it was too bad to be so far away. This morning at 8:46 I thought of the attacks, that’s when the first plane flew into one of the buildings. 

Today is kind of an interesting day: the rain and the clouds make it a dreary day and it kind of fits in with this being the anniversary of the attacks. I feel sorry for the state of New York that this happened. 

I wore my 9/11 hat today. It has the twin towers on the hat (pictured below), and says FDNY. I put firefighter and police pins on the hat, a flag, and ‘I Love NY’ and Yankee symbols too. I also have old pictures of the twin towers in books. I’ll bet that when the Broncos play the Giants in New York tomorrow night they’ll talk about 9/11. I saw some stuff on TV about 9/11 but it reaches a point where you don’t want to hear any more. It is depressing.

In this photo, Jessica is wearing her 9/11 Twin Towers hat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment