Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Jessica Shares Her Bolder Boulder Experience

This blog post came to us in a phone call from Jessica yesterday. She wanted to share her experience walking the 6.2 miles long Bolder Boulder with this blog post. Thanks to Tim Nielsen, who is a Residential Counselor at Imagine!'s Garden Place PCA, for sending us the photos of Jessica. Here's what Jessica told us.

I made it the whole way. It was somewhat easy but I did get a blister on my left foot so I’m being careful when I walk. I had fun, and made it to the finish line. I like walking with people, getting my picture taken, seeing people who congratulate me, and as far as I know I’ll do the Bolder Boulder next year. 

I liked some of the music.  I like Elvis and the rock and roll music but I didn’t particularly care for all the music.   There were people handing out some marshmallows and some other things but I didn’t want to stop and mess up my time. 

 I'm one of the people who doesn’t like to be sprayed with water during the race, so I'd cross over to the other side of the street if people were spraying us.  I wore all my Yankee’s stuff, my hat, shirt sweatpants, and socks.  I was fully decked out in my Yankees stuff.  

There were a lot of people who passed me but I was happy with my time and I think I did better than last year. I liked that it wasn’t raining. 

Jessica gives a thumbs up as she finishes the Bolder Boulder.

Jessica waves during the Bolder Boulder.

No comments:

Post a Comment