Friday, May 1, 2015

Imagine! Employee Shares Information on Nepalese Earthquake

“Honestly, when I saw the wall of my home cracking, I thought this was it. It was as if I was being pushed and pulled at the same time by a two thousand pound wrestler. My aquarium fell - my fishes dead - my god's idol smashed - everything just came crashing down like a landslide. I couldn't budge an inch, the earthquake worsened. My world revolved around me. I prayed, there was nothing else I could do” – this was what my 19 year old nephew wrote after the earthquake.

A 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit Nepal on April 25th 2015, shaking the core of the capital, Kathmandu and many cities surrounding it. There have been more than a 100 aftershocks making the situation even worse. Historic temples and buildings throughout Nepal are now left in rubble.

 

My family, along with numerous other people, have been left to live in the streets or open fields due to the uncertainty of what is next and which house might give out and fall on them. It has been extremely difficult to sit here in the U.S. and watch the suffering back home. I am not giving up, and neither is my family.

My family has selflessly given to social service all their lives and even after such a heart wrenching calamity they want to give to the ones much more needy than them. As my brother-in-law said, “Yesterday we were scared, today we are strong”. My family in Nepal is on a mission to not be afraid anymore because there are people who are in desperate need of help!

Would you like to find out how you can help? You can email Priyanka to learn more about humanitarian efforts to assist the people of Nepal.

Thank you Priyanka for sharing this information, our thoughts are with you, and with the people of Nepal.

No comments:

Post a Comment