Friday, January 4, 2019

Get To Know This Year’s Imagine! Leadership Development Group

Today, members of Imagine!’s Leadership Development Group introduce themselves.

Imagine!'s 2018-19 Leadership Development Group. Left to right: Paula McCormick, Emily Walsh, Victoria Thorne, Gabbie Norton, and Jessie Michaud

Paula McCormick: I started with Innovations four years ago as a Primary Residential Counselor, then as Assistance Residential Site Supervisor, and now as Site Supervisor at Santa Fe. Day one, I knew this was for me. I wanted to make things better for those we serve. I fell naturally into a leadership role in my positions. I love being here for the consumers. I value the relationships and trust we have. Santa Fe’s staff provides structure and stability to create a word of opportunity for people of all abilities. I wanted to be part of LDG to learn more about Innovations and Imagine!. I want to increase my abilities. To understand why we do things the way we do them. I strive to make things better for the individuals we serve and for Santa Fe’s Staff. I feel LDG will provide me with added knowledge and skills to do just that.

Victoria Thorne: Being part of Imagine! since 2014 has been a wonderful experience for me both professionally and personally. When I became part of the Imagine! team, I realized that my personal beliefs about all individuals really aligned with the mission, values and principles that Imagine! holds. My current position within the company has allowed me to support families and teams by creating fulfilling opportunities for growth. Being selected for the LDG came as a bit of a surprise, but I have discovered I have great mentors and a broader view of what we do here at Imagine! after getting to know the group. The LDG curriculum is straightforward and introspective which is what makes it challenging and at the same time rewarding. I am looking forward to incorporating all the mentoring and learnings of leadership into my professional development.

Jessie Michaud: I have worked for Imagine! in CORE/Labor Source for 5.5 years. I started as a Direct Support Professional, moved into the lead position, moved into the coordinator position, and am now the Supported Employment Program Supervisor. I work for Imagine! because it is important to me to be able to participate in making our community accessible for all. Being in Longmont for the last five and a half years has been wonderful, but at times it has been a little isolating from the greater Imagine! community as a whole. I joined LDG for opportunities to meet and work with more people across Imagine!, to learn about other departments and the services Imagine! offers, and to get support around establishing this new role.

Gabbie Norton: I am a Children's Case Management Supervisor here at Imagine!. When I first heard about Imagine!, I had no idea what a case manager did, let alone all of the impactful services and opportunities out there for our clients. As I have grown in my role at Imagine!, I have learned that there is still so much that I do not know, which is a valuable lesson. I have a desire to discover more so that I can do my job as well as possible. Leadership Development Group could not be a better opportunity to achieve this growth. My favorite part of working at Imagine! is being able to effectively help families access resources & services to ensure that they receive the necessary services. I am here because I believe in the mission that Imagine! works toward daily as an organization and look forward to learning more about that as I participate in LDG!

Emily Walsh: I have worked at Imagine! for four years. I started as a service coordinator in Early Intervention, then moved into the supervisor role in EI and am now the EI provider program manager and oversee the Dayspring department. I love working at Imagine because I think that work that we do is important to the bigger picture of our community. There are so many opportunities for me to engage with others about things that I am passionate about. One of the most important things to me about working at Imagine! is the relationships that I have built with my coworkers. Having a group of people who also believe in the mission and are supportive of one and other is vital to the work that I do. I am excited to join LDG to learn more about other programs at Imagine! and engage with others with different people and their perspectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment