Thursday, June 14, 2012

Hoping Dad Heals Up Soon

This blog entry was submitted by Donna, who is a resident at Imagine!'s Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome in Boulder, Colorado.  

Today is June 12th and I had a pretty good day other than talking to my dad who just had surgery. I’m hoping that he’s OK. It was a real shock when I talked to my mom on the phone and she said they couldn’t go very far from home because of dad, and I just asked her why and she told me. But, I know they’re getting up there in age and they’re not going to be able to travel very far so I take it as it comes. Like they say, God gives us and God will take us. But it’s sad it’s that way.

I told my husband Gerald about it and he wants to send a card to mom and dad. This Sunday will be Father’s Day, that’s one reason why I was wanting to see if they could come up here, so we could celebrate Father’s Day with them. But with dad just having this procedure done he’s not going to be able to do much. So I guess cards are the best thing. Cards and phone calls to talk to mom and dad. To dad especially.

My day went pretty smooth. I had computer class, which was fun, and I had Jam Session which is also a neat time. We sang a bunch of Beatles songs, which I thought was fun with the people we had in class because everyone participated. I like having days like that where you can go into class and enjoy it because everyone is happy to be together. I guess that’s all for now. OK? Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment