Friday, April 25, 2014

Jessica Is A Trained Weather Watcher

This blog post came to us in a phone call from Jessica. 

I finished my training to be a volunteer for NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration).  I had an account set up since I’ve done it before. My area is Longmont, and when I have something to report, I call Ft. Collins.

If there’s a thunderstorm or tornado in the area we call it in, if it’s dust we don’t call it in. They will share the info on the Internet, radio, or TV.  You also call in how much rain you got (using a weather gauge that can measure rain). 

We have a Citizen Emergency Preparedness Guide. It has information about Homeland Security, fire hazards, wildfires, floods, winter storms, earthquakes, lightning, tornadoes, major natural disasters, warnings, and other things.  It also has information about safety, like how to protect yourself in a group from lightning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment