Monday, June 26, 2017

Jessie

This week’s write up features Imagine! participant Jessie, who celebrates recent progress with achieving her goals. 

Earlier this month, Jessie, passed her driver’s license exam with flying colors.

“I was really nervous. I asked her how I was doing and she told me I was doing great. Whew! That made me feel better. Before we even got out of the van after the test, she told me that I passed.”

Jessie and her friend purchased a GMC Safari Minivan – 1997, with pedal extensions already installed to meet her needs. “It’s old school.”

Jessie also recently started taking classes at Front Range Community College.

“I’m just taking the electives right now so I can get my Associates Degree. My ultimate goal is to get a degree in social work. Not sure exactly what I will do with it, but I know that I’m good at working with kids and people with disabilities, just not sure which one I want yet.”

On behalf of Imagine!, congrats Jessie for pushing yourself to achieve your goals - it's very inspiring!


2 comments:

  1. CONGRATS Jessie!! I'm so proud of you! :)

    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, congratulations on your hard work, Jessie :)

    ReplyDelete