Thursday, May 30, 2013

Jessica Talks About The Bolder Boulder

This blog post came to us Tuesday in a phone call from Jessica. Thanks to Tim Nielsen for providing us with the photo.

I walked the Bolder Boulder yesterday, and I made it through the whole race. I think I might have got myself on TV or in the newspaper. I got up at 4:30 am, and I rode the RTD bus to the race. My wave stated at about 9:15.

I had fun, but I wasn’t crazy about those sprinklers. When I came up on them I went off to the side to avoid them. I walked pretty fast, and my knee brace was helpful for the most part. I liked seeing people that I know. I enjoyed the hot weather. There was a lot of good music. I got to shake Elvis’s hand and he patted me on the head. I did some Irish dancing with other people who were walking.

It was fun riding the RTD bus, seeing places I used to work or live as we rode by them. During the race I passed the time thinking of friends at Labor Source, Yankees, my family, New York, certain sport teams, my church friends, and several other things. All in all it was a good day.

Jessica enjoying Monday's Bolder Boulder

No comments:

Post a Comment