Monday, May 20, 2013

John And His Friend Exchange Emails

This blog post was sent by John to his friend Gary with an audio email Friday night, and Gary's reply to John is also included.

 John is a resident at the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome in Boulder where the residents have access to a program that allows them to stay in touch with friends and family by using audio emails.

With this computer program, when a someone sends a written email to a SmartHome resident, the program reads the email aloud to the SmartHome resident. This is a fantastic program for people with limited writing or reading skills.

Hey Gary, Happy Friday to you. I’m giving you this message and I hope that you write me back. I always like you a lot and I have a few good jokes.

OK. One is, “What happens when a dog loses its tail?” “It goes to the retail store.”

Another one is, “How come people never play cards in the jungle?” “There’s too many cheetahs.”

One more is, “How do you stop a skunk from smelling?" “You pinch its nose.” Well, have a good night. Bye bye.
John at this year's "Spread the Word to End the Word" event.

And here’s Gary’s reply to John.

Hi John, As always, it is nice to hear from you. I hope to see you tomorrow if you are able to go to the Innovations Advocacy Council meeting. I'm stopping by to take some pictures.

You sure had a neat batch of jokes in this email, thanks a lot. I will use the one about why people don't play cards in the jungle this summer when I'm playing cards with some college friends on our camping trip. I will tell them playing cards with them reminds me of being in the jungle because there are so many cheetahs.

I hope you had a good weekend. I didn't do anything too exciting but I went to church Saturday and Sunday. Also, I took a hike after work Friday evening and then again on Sunday. Jim from CORE/Labor Source and a college buddy of mine named Mike went on Friday, and then on Sunday it was just me and Jim. We saw three blue herons, some hawks, geese, and ducks, and an osprey flew right over us too. We often see deer, coyotes, and have seen eagles, owls, and lots of other birds. Oh, we saw a bird Friday that was green, yellow, and red. It is called a tanager, and it sure was pretty. I watched some of the Rockies games too and on Saturday afternoon, I got to do one of my favorite things, I had time to take a nap.

Naturally, it's not all fun and games. I had chores to do also over the weekend, like mowing the lawn, doing laundry, shopping, and some house cleaning. I will be seeing you John, and thanks again for the email.
Your friend Gary

No comments:

Post a Comment