Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Mandy's Poem: "Cupcake Thief"

Today’s blog post is a poem that Mandy wrote in a CORE/Labor Source Creative Writing Class and that she read during a performance last Friday night at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder. The performance was attended by more than 250 people.


Cupcake Thief

As I walk down a busy San Francisco street, listening to the trolley go by, I find myself feeling lonely. I’m the only one on the street and I’m in a pink, electric wheelchair. It’s pretty banged up, but it still works. I wander into a gluten-free bakery. There are:

White
Strawberry
Light pink
Brown
Cherry frosting
Red velvet
Strawberry upside-down
Chocolate mousse
German chocolate
Carrot cake
Peach cobbler
Vanilla cheesecake
Bacon pancake
And zucchini pumpkin cupcakes.

I take two cupcakes (strawberry upside-down) and also take the recipe so I can make more at home.

Mandy reading poetry at the Dairy Center for the Arts performance,
attended by more than 250 people.

1 comment:

  1. Woo-Hoo! Way to go Mandy! In front of 250 people? You are braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete