Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Dawn Wins Three Gold Medals In Special Olympics Colorado

This blog post came to us today when Dawn’s coworker, Wendy, sent us an email letting us know that Dawn won three first place medals at last weekend’s Special Olympics Colorado Summer Games and that it might make a nice story. Dawn receives support services from Imagine! and works part time in Imagine!’s Business Office. Dawn was photographed and interviewed this morning, and here is what she told us.

“I went to the Colorado Special Olympics in Grand Junction Saturday and Sunday with my boyfriend, David, and my host home provider. I won three first place medals in swimming; one for the 15 meter floatation, one for the 15 meter unassisted, and one for the 25 meter floatation. I am dedicating these medals to people who don’t have the opportunity to compete in Special Olympics.

I started Special Olympics when I was in my teens, and it was my mom who taught me to swim. Over the years, I have won 25 different medals at Special Olympics.”


Dawn with her three gold medals she won over the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment