Friday, June 21, 2013

Rebecca Will Sign (Not Sing) In Tonight's Performance

This blog post came to us in a conversation with Rebecca at the Bob and Judy Charles SmartHome. Although the residents are able to send and receive audio emails at the home, it is sometimes nice to just sit, relax, and have a chat with the residents. Here’s what Rebecca wanted us to include in the Imagine! Voices blog.

Friday (tonight) I am going to give a sign language performance (at the CORE/Labor Source performance at 7:00 PM at the Dairy Center for the Arts in Boulder. The Dairy, located at 2590 Walnut Street, is also hosting a CORE/Labor Source art show tonight with art created by Imagine! clients from 5:30 - 7:00 PM). We will be using sign language while other people sing the song.

I’m still working! On Mondays I work at Rock Bottom, and on Tuesdays I work at the Boulder Chop House on Walnut Street and also at Free Wave where I count screws, eight, eight, and four. (the number of different screws that go in the bags).

I also take a yoga class. The volunteers that teach the yoga class at our house are off for the summer but they will start back up in October. The class I take, Shannon takes me there, and I take Access A Ride home by myself after class.


Gerald's power wheelchair was not working so Rebecca volunteered
to help him get around the house.  Gerald's wife Donna provides
encouragement in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment